Piperonyl Butoxide References
- Reregistration Eligiblity Decision for Piperonyl Butoxide (PBO); EPA 738-R-06-005; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pesticide Programs, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2006.
- Pesticide Product Information System Piperonyl Butoxide; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2016.
- Pediculicide Drug Products for Over-the-Counter Human Use. Code of Federal Regulations, Part 358.610, Title 21, 1998, 43302-43303.
- Wachs, H. Synergistic Insecticides. Science, 1947, 105, 530–531.
- Conney, A. H.; Change, R.; Levin, W. M.; Garbut, A.; Munro-Faure, A. D.; Peck, A. W.; Bye, A. Effect of Piperonyl Butoxide on Drug Metabolism in Rodents and Man. Arch. Environ. Health, 1972 24, 97–106.
- Pesticide Chemicals Exemptions from the Requirement of a Tolerance. Code of Federal Regulations, Part 180.905, Title 40, 2012, 657.
- Piperonyl Butoxide Tolerance for Residues. Code of Federal Regulations, Part 180.127, Title 40, 2006, 438-439.
- Piperonyl Butoxide: Human Health Risk Scoping Document in Support of Registration Review; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2010.
- Pesticide Residues in Food - 1995: Toxicological Evaluations for Piperonyl Butoxide; International Programme on Chemical Safety, World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 1995; pp 156–160.
- Byard, J.; Needham, D. Metabolism and Excretion of Piperonyl Butoxide in the Rat. Xenobiotica, 2006, 36, 1259–1272.
- Wester, R. C.; Bucks, D. A. W.; Maibach, H. I. Human in vivo Percutaneous Absoprtion of Pyrethrin and Piperonyl Butoxide. Fd. Chem. Tox. 1994, 32, 51–53.
- Pesticide Residues in Food - 2002: Piperonyl Butoxide; Food and Agriculture Organization, World Health Organization: Rome, Italy, 2002; pp 217–235.
- Joint Meeting of the FAO Panel of Experts on Pesticide Residues in Food and the Environment (JMPR): Piperonyl Butoxide (062); Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 2001; pp 146-166.
- Takahashi, O.; Oishi, S.; Fujitani, T.; Tanaka, T.; Yoneyama, M. Chronic Toxicity Studies of Piperonyl Butoxide in F344 Rats: Induction of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Fundam. Appl. Toxicol. 1994, 22, 293–303.
- Takahashi, O.; Oishi, S.; Fujitani, T.; Tanaka, T.; Yoneyama, M. Piperonyl Butoxide Induces Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Male CD-1 Mice. Arch. Toxicol. 1994, 68, 467–469.
- IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans; International Agency for Research on Cancer, World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 1997; 30, 70.
- Sarles, M. P.; Vendegrift, W. Chronic Oral Toxicity and Related Studies on Animals with the Insecticide and Pyrethrum Synergist, Piperonyl Butoxide. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 1952, 1, 862–883.
- Tanaka, T.; Fujitani, T.; Takahashi, O.; Oishi, S.; Yoneyama, M. Developmental toxicity Study of Piperonyl Butoxide in CD Rats. Toxicol. Ind. Health, 1995, 11, 175–184.
- EDSP Weight of Evidence Conclusions on the Tier 1 Screening Assays for the List 1 Chemicals; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances, Office of Pesticide Programs, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2015.
- Pesticide Properties Database Piperonyl Butoxide; Agriculture and Environment Research Unit (AERU), University of Hertfordshire: Hertfordshire, UK, 2009.
NPIC fact sheets are designed to answer questions that are commonly
asked by the general public about pesticides that are regulated by the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). This document is
intended to be educational in nature and helpful to consumers for
making decisions about pesticide use.